Welcome to Penrhyn Surgery
Our Vision - To improve the health and well being of the people we serve
Our Mission - To provide a quality of care we would want for ourselves, our families and friends.
Our Values - To be Caring , safe, responsible, value each other and Inspiring. We aim to make these values to inspire, develop and support every one of us to live our values; every patient, every colleague, everyday.
Please do not contact your GP for a COVID-19 vaccine
The first phase of the NHS Covid-19 vaccination programme has started. When it is the right time you will receive an invitation to come forward. For most people this will be a letter, either from your GP or the national NHS. This letter will include all the information you will need to book appointments, including your NHS number. Please do not contact the NHS to get an appointment until you get this letter. Information on the vaccine is available here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/coronavirus-vaccine/
Our new normal way of working is "Total Digital Triage Model"
Penrhyn Surgery has remained open during Covid pandemic although working very differently with increased digital and remote consultations. We have put in place a number of measures to keep patients and staff safe during the Covid-19 crisis so that they can continue to provide the safe care needed.
A reception screen has been fitted around the reception desk to protect staff and patients. Our Patient Participation Group has been actively involved in quality improvement work with Practice during this difficult and challenging time. Our kind PPG Chair, Ms Penfold helped staff with PPE supplies.
There have been some real positives come out of Covid-19. One of the biggest is the total triage system which will now be used going forward. It is a much more efficient and effective way of dealing with a patient. We are definitely dealing with more patients a day. 95% of patients are being dealt with remotely. We are embracing new technology and adapting our triage system that we had in place.
Our new surgery model is:
- Online consultation first – if you want to contact one of our GPs, we will ask you to fill in an online consultation form (click e-consultations) although if you are elderly, vulnerable or have a disability, you can bypass the form. We’re making good use of these forms in a large number of cases and it is actually a very short consultation process compared to our 10-minute face-to-face model.
- Telephone consultation - if we can’t resolve the patient’s query through the online triage form.
- Video consultation - if we need see something to triage or make a diagnosis.
- Face-to-face consultation - only if absolutely necessary, mainly where we need to physically touch a patient to establish what’s wrong i.e. if they had acute abdomen pain.
We want our patients to know that that Surgery is fully open and Covid-19 secure. We have taken steps to ensure safety of patients and staff. Please see Your Safety Comes First Presentation slides showing these safety measures at Penrhyn. All of our services are now available online from start point i.e new patient registration to picking a prescription directly from Pharmacy to limit spread of Covid-19. Please DO NOT come to surgery until advised by our clinician.
We are continuing to provide a variety of appointments with GPs and Practice Nurses. All of these appointments will initially be via telephone or video consultation. For any routine consultation request please use eConsultation. The GP or Nurse will call you back and do everything they can to help you over the phone. If they feel that you need to come to the surgery for a face to face appointment this will be arranged. Please follow these instructions before coming into the Surgery:
- Check your temperature before leaving your home
- Please ring bell on your arrival
- Please wear a mask or face covering. This can be a scarf, mask or any other suitable garment. NHS doctor shows how masks do not affect breathing - Please see video by Dr Joshua Wolrich Click here
- We suggest you use your own loo at home so you do not need to use the surgery toilets.
- Wash your hands when you return home.
When you see a clinician they will be wearing full PPE with surgical masks to protect you and themselves.
The surgery continues to provide routine childhood immunisations, smears and other medical injections.
In the waiting room there is a reduced amount of seating to ensure social distancing for those patients who need to come and sit down in the surgery.
FOR COUGHS AND COLDS SYMPTOMS
NHS 111 has an online coronavirus service that can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do - please see NHS 111 Online: About coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Please do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
- Phone NHS 111 if you need to speak to someone.
FOR ALL ROUTINE GP APPOINTMENTS USE E-CONSULTATIONS
Use our website to consult doctors online for e-consultations. This is quickest way for getting doctor advice.
FOR URGENT GP APPOINTMENTS
Only for urgent conditions call us on 0208 527 2563.
The Triage Service is intended to help you if you have an urgent medical problem and you cannot get computer or online service. The receptionist will ask you to provide a brief description of the issue to help the doctor who will be calling you back. Your name will be added to the Triage list.
Please note phone lines are very busy so please use e-consultations wherever possible.
HOW TO ORDER
- NHS APP - Use online services to order repeat prescription – you do not need a password to login to your account just download NHS app on your phone
- Order by email email@example.com
- If you cannot do any of these – please put your prescription through the letter box through surgery door and write name of pharmacy you would like to pick it up.
PLEASE REMEMBER IF WE DO NOT HAVE NAME OF YOUR PHARMACY GIVEN TO US WE WILL AUTOMATICALLY SEND YOUR PRESCRIPTION TO OUR LOCAL PHARMACY AKSHAR PHARMACY
(8A Rushbrook Cres, Walthamstow, London E17 5BZ - 020 8527 5443)
YOUR REFERRALS AND ANY ADMIN LETTER
Will all be posted to you. You can request admin letters by doing e-consultation or by email Penrhyn.firstname.lastname@example.org.
VACCINATIONS, SMEARS AND HEALTH CHECKS WITH NURSES - bookings continue and open during Covid pandemic.
Please call us to book nurse appointments. To make our booking process easier and convenient for patients, we now have direct booking line for all smears and childhood vaccinations call this number 07882525933
NEW PATIENTS ARE WELCOME
Please register online by completing forms on
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO SURGERY AS ALL SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE ONLINE NOW
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
The surgery building has a concrete ramp to street level, and all doors on the ground floor are wide enough to allow wheelchair access.
Please Note: Any patients who have difficulty climbing stairs please inform the receptionists at the time of booking your appointments so that we can ensure you are taken to a treatment room on the ground floor.
The Practice Manager is on the second floor and there are no consulting rooms on this level.
Book or cancel your appointments, order repeat prescriptions and view your records online with
(Site updated 16/01/2021)