COVID-19 vaccination scam alert:
People are being urged to be vigilant over a new COVID vaccine scam which is targeting vulnerable older people.
Waltham Forest Residents in their 90s have received phone calls to say they’ll be having their COVID vaccinations at home and they will receive a visit to their address at a certain time and date for this to be administered. They are being asked to provide personal details, other than their name, to make a payment or press a number on their keypad. The NHS does not charge for the vaccine and any calls such as this should be treated as a scam.
How the appointment system works:
The government has now approved for use two vaccines for Covid-19 and published advice on the priority groups to receive it.
The government have said they plan to first give the vaccine to:
- care home residents and staff,
- followed by people over 80 and health & social care workers,
- then to the rest of the population in order of age and risk.
The vaccination programmed started in December 2020 and is being managed by the NHS.
- The callers booking vaccinations will not ask for any other personal details other than asking you to confirm your name. They certainly will not ask for any money.
- The caller will identify themselves and say they are calling on behalf of your GP and they are getting in touch about booking an appointment for a Coronavirus vaccine.
- The caller will then offer dates and times for you to attend clinic. They will also give the location of the site where you will receive it. This may not be your usual surgery or at home.
COVID VACCINE CLINICS
The patients who will be receiving the vaccine this wave are cohort 1 over 80, non-housebound and not living in a care home and Cohort 2 all over 75s.
Please book by calling 02085272563. We are unable to book
- Any patients with significant allergies who carry an Epi Pen
- If on Warfarin INR should be <4.0
- and also should not have received a flu vaccine in the last 7 days.
All appointments will be based at Forest Road Medical Centre, 354-358 Forest Road, Walthamstow E17 5JL.
Second appointments are available to book 10 weeks after the 1st appointment.