New NHS Digital Weight Management Programme
If you are living with obesity and also have diabetes or high blood pressure, or both, you could benefit from the 12-week NHS Digital Weight Management Programme. You can access the programme through referral from us. Please send email to email@example.com or simply call us on 02085272563 to speak to our programme lead and care co-ordinator Ms Tania Rehman who will be able to help you with the referral to the programme.
It can be hard to keep healthy and active, but the free NHS Digital Weight Management Programme can help you develop healthier eating habits, be more active and lose weight. The programme is available on your smartphone, tablet or computer.
You can read more here https://www.england.nhs.uk/publication/the-nhs-digital-weight-management-programme-patient-leaflets/
SATURDAY 17th June 2021 between 9am and 12pm - we will open for garden volunteer day. We will have social prescriber Arevik and Lily from OrganicLea to help our patients get involved in gardening project.
Gardening for wellbeing group
We are starting a Gardening Group and with the help of Organiclea we are offering a 8 week course starting on 24th June at 1pm. Please see details below
An introduction to gardening for beginners with a focus on wellbeing
8 week AQA, with certificate at the end in Beginners Gardening starting 24th June 2021 1-2.30pm every Thursday at Penrhyn Surgery Garden (inside if it is raining)
For any queries regarding course or registration please email Arevik our Social Prescriber at firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to Suzia at Practice
Welcome to Penrhyn Surgery
Our Vision - To improve the health and well being of the people we serve
Our Mission - To provide a quality of care we would want for ourselves, our families and friends.
Our Values - To be Caring , safe, responsible, value each other and Inspiring. We aim to make these values to inspire, develop and support every one of us to live our values; every patient, every colleague, everyday.
APPOINTMENTS - E-Consultations - Please note phone lines are very busy so please use e-consultations wherever possible. We are also looking at option to add queue system on the phone lines. In the meantime if you have any difficulty in getting an appointment please ask to speak to Suzia at Practice.
Practice staff will send you a text confirming your appointment time within the timeframe provided to you on submitting e-consultation. If you do not hear receive a text/call from practice during this time, please call us.
OUTSIDE NORMAL SURGERY HOURS - E-consultations are processed Monday to Friday from 8am to 6.30pm only. Please do not put urgent medical conditions by email to Surgery over weekend. The inbox is not checked on Weekends/Bank Holidays. For outside normal surgery hours, please see below
- For help from a GP: You can ring directly our GP Enhanced Service on 020 8519 3999 to book appointment with GP. Appointments in the hubs are available every weekday evening between 6.30PM – 9.30PM, and 8.00AM – 8.00PM on weekends. Appointments can only be booked by calling 020 8519 3999.
- For urgent medical help: use the NHS 111 online service – call 111 if you need urgent help for a child under 5 or you cannot get help online.
- For urgent dental treatment: call your dentist or use the NHS 111 online service if you cannot contact your dentist or you do not have one.
- For life-threatening emergencies: call 999 for an ambulance.
Our New Normal Way of Working is "Total Digital Triage Model"
Penrhyn Surgery has remained open during Covid pandemic although working very differently with increased digital and remote consultations. We have put in place a number of measures to keep patients and staff safe during the Covid-19 crisis so that they can continue to provide the safe care needed.
A reception screen has been fitted around the reception desk to protect staff and patients. Our Patient Participation Group has been actively involved in quality improvement work with Practice during this difficult and challenging time. Our kind PPG Chair helped staff with PPE supplies.
There have been some real positives come out of Covid-19. One of the biggest is the total triage system which will now be used going forward. It is a much more efficient and effective way of dealing with a patient. We are definitely dealing with more patients a day. 95% of patients are being dealt with remotely. We are embracing new technology and adapting our triage system that we had in place.
Our new surgery model is:
- Online consultation first – if you want to contact one of our GPs, we will ask you to fill in an online consultation form (click e-consultations) although if you are elderly, vulnerable or have a disability, you can bypass the form. We’re making good use of these forms in a large number of cases and it is actually a very short consultation process compared to our 10-minute face-to-face model.
- Telephone consultation - if we can’t resolve the patient’s query through the online triage form.
- Video consultation - if we need see something to triage or make a diagnosis.
- Face-to-face consultation - only if absolutely necessary, mainly where we need to physically touch a patient to establish what’s wrong i.e. if they had acute abdomen pain
Please note any digital image submitted as part of an online consultation, will be stored within your clinical notes, for this reason, please do not send any intimate images. For further information please see eConsultation Photo Upload Guide and Key principles for intimate clinical assessments
We want our patients to know that that Surgery is fully open and Covid-19 secure. We have taken steps to ensure safety of patients and staff. Please see Your Safety Comes First Presentation slides showing these safety measures at Penrhyn. All of our services are now available online from start point i.e new patient registration to picking a prescription directly from Pharmacy to limit spread of Covid-19. Please DO NOT come to surgery until advised by our clinician.
We are continuing to provide a variety of appointments with GPs and Practice Nurses. All of these appointments will initially be via telephone or video consultation. For any routine consultation request please use eConsultation. The GP or Nurse will call you back and do everything they can to help you over the phone. If they feel that you need to come to the surgery for a face to face appointment this will be arranged. Please follow these instructions before coming into the Surgery:
- Check your temperature before leaving your home
- Please ring bell on your arrival
- Please wear a mask or face covering. This can be a scarf, mask or any other suitable garment. NHS doctor shows how masks do not affect breathing - Please see video by Dr Joshua Wolrich Click here
- We suggest you use your own loo at home so you do not need to use the surgery toilets.
- Wash your hands when you return home.
When you see a clinician they will be wearing full PPE with surgical masks to protect you and themselves.
The surgery continues to provide routine childhood immunisations, smears and other medical injections.
In the waiting room there is a reduced amount of seating to ensure social distancing for those patients who need to come and sit down in the surgery.
FOR COUGHS AND COLDS SYMPTOMS
NHS 111 has an online coronavirus service that can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do - please see NHS 111 Online: About coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Please do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
- Phone NHS 111 if you need to speak to someone.
FOR ALL ROUTINE GP APPOINTMENTS USE E-CONSULTATIONS
Use our website to consult doctors online for e-consultations. This is quickest way for getting doctor advice.
FOR URGENT GP APPOINTMENTS
Only for urgent conditions call us on 0208 527 2563.
The Triage Service is intended to help you if you have an urgent medical problem and you cannot get computer or online service. The receptionist will ask you to provide a brief description of the issue to help the doctor who will be calling you back. Your name will be added to the Triage list.
Please note phone lines are very busy so please use e-consultations wherever possible.
HOW TO ORDER
- NHS APP - Use online services to order repeat prescription – you do not need a password to login to your account just download NHS app on your phone
- Order by email email@example.com
- If you cannot do any of these – please put your prescription through the letter box through surgery door and write name of pharmacy you would like to pick it up.
PLEASE REMEMBER IF WE DO NOT HAVE NAME OF YOUR PHARMACY GIVEN TO US WE WILL AUTOMATICALLY SEND YOUR PRESCRIPTION TO OUR LOCAL PHARMACY AKSHAR PHARMACY
(8A Rushbrook Cres, Walthamstow, London E17 5BZ - 020 8527 5443)
YOUR REFERRALS AND ANY ADMIN LETTER
Will all be posted to you. You can request admin letters by doing e-consultation or by email Penrhyn.firstname.lastname@example.org.
VACCINATIONS, SMEARS AND HEALTH CHECKS WITH NURSES - bookings continue and open during Covid pandemic.
Please call us to book nurse appointments. To make our booking process easier and convenient for patients, we now have direct booking line for all smears and childhood vaccinations call this number 07882525933
NEW PATIENTS ARE WELCOME
Please register online by completing forms on
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO SURGERY AS ALL SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE ONLINE NOW
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
The surgery building has a concrete ramp to street level, and all doors on the ground floor are wide enough to allow wheelchair access.
Please Note: Any patients who have difficulty climbing stairs please inform the receptionists at the time of booking your appointments so that we can ensure you are taken to a treatment room on the ground floor.
The Practice Manager is on the second floor and there are no consulting rooms on this level.
Book or cancel your appointments, order repeat prescriptions and view your records online with
(Site updated 21/07/2021)